|Posted by [email protected] on November 24, 2019 at 6:05 PM|
Central Texas Treasure Club
November 2019 Meeting
Website links: http://centraltexastreasureclub.webs.com
Email: [email protected]
Minutes from the November 5th meeting:
• Jay called the meeting to order. We had 23 in attendance. Ted Moen joined at the meeting and purchased a CTTC “Can I Metal Detect Your Yard?” t-shirt. Welcome Ted!
• The Pledge of Allegiance was led.
• Travis Winn gave the Vice President’s Report. Fain McDaniel and Pete Morgan volunteered to bring refreshments for our December 3rd meeting. Travis announced reservations at Section Hand Restaurant on Hwy. 377 S. in Brownwood for our Annual CTTC Christmas Party. It will be on Tuesday, December 10th at 7:00 p.m. Jay volunteered to give the December program and demonstration on Dowsing for Treasure.
• Jay gave the Treasurer’s Report for Amanda who was unable to attend and reported the bank account balance .
• Mike Alldredge gave the Hunt Master's Report. Mike reviewed our very successful October 2019 CTTC Open Competition Hunt. We set another new record with 67 entrants this year. Club members voted to earmark $1500 of our funds for next year’s Gold Coin Raffle
• Pete asked for unusual treasure hunting stories that happened in October.
• Jan Sims gave a report on our CTTC Picnic in October and reported that 25 attended and 14 hunted in the Picnic Hunt. Thank you, Don & Jan for setting up that amazing get-together! Several members said that the hotdogs were great and I agree!
• This year’s CTTC Old School vs New Tech Competition Hunt will be held on Saturday, November 30th. Jay is still deciding on the location but will notify members of the pre-hunt gathering spot early this week. This will be a Members Only event where members on the Old School Team, using vintage detectors (30 years old or older), will compete against members on the New Tech Team who will be using modern metal detectors. We had a lot of fun at last year’s hunt which was declared a draw despite some good-natured grumbling from New Tech Team members. ALL members are eligible to hunt. Please notify Jay this week and tell him which team you’ll be hunting on. A Special Prize token will be buried before the hunt. When redeemed, it will be good for a valuable prize!
• Mike Alldredge won Jerry Sheller’s Camp Bowie Collection. Congratulation, Mike! Total ticket sales for this raffle came to $94. Those proceeds will be given to Jerry’s beloved widow and club member Roseanna.
• Our Officers’ Election for CTTC officers was held. Results as follows: Jay Longley was reelected President, Travis Winn was reelected Vice President, Amanda Bramblett was reelected Treasurer, and Mike Alldredge was reelected Hunt Master. Our Secretary’s position is still vacant.
• Otto Sonnenberg gave an excellent and informative program on Collectible Currency after the conclusion of our Business Meeting. Thank you, Otto, for taking notes for the meeting and serving as Parliamentarian for our Officers Election!
• Club cards were passed around.
• Pete Morgan updated the Treasure Cache clue. Since the November meeting, Mike told Jay that Woodie finally found the Cache. He will rebury it and give a clue to its location at our December 3rd meeting.
• If your membership dues are owed, please renew your memberships by mailing them to: Jay Longley, CTTC, 2207 Ave. B, Brownwood, Texas 76801 or paying Amanda at our next meeting to keep receiving club emails and to be able to participate in club activities. Please contact Jay if you have questions or concerns.
• A BIG THANK YOU to all members, Sponsors, and guests who made our October Hunt and Picnic great successes!
Topics to be discussed at future meetings:
• What’s on your mind? Raise your hand and say “I want to discuss… This is our club and everyone has a voice.
• Is anyone interested in a giving a program for a future meeting? You determine the topic. Just let Jay know.
Responsible hunting will keep the hobby alive for everyone else! Please follow the Treasure Hunter's Code of Ethics so that all of us can continue to enjoy this enjoyable hobby and perhaps, even get lucky and find our fortunes!
• I will respect private property and will do no treasure hunting without the property owner's permission.
• I will fill in all holes I dig.
• I will not damage natural resources, wildlife habitats, or any private property.
• I will use thoughtfulness, consideration, and courtesy always.
• I will build fires in designated or safe places only.
• I will leave gates as found.
• I will remove and properly dispose of any trash that I find.
• I will not litter.
• I will not destroy property, buildings, or what is left of ghost towns and deserted structures.
• I will not tamper with signs, structural facilities, or equipment.
• And, finally, the most important one of all -- I will have fun!!
If we all follow these simple rules while metal detecting or treasure hunting, we will go a long way to keeping the public on our side in the fight to protect our rights.
November marble Drawing – No winners for November.
• November Door Prizes: In the hustle and bustle of November’s Door Prize Drawing, we didn’t get the names of the winners of the many door prizes given away and my memory isn’t that good. Ha. Remember that both members and guests may get tickets for our Door Prize Drawing.
Current “Finds of the Month” Standing:
January 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John M Jay Mike
JPM Jay John M Mike / Pete
Relics John M Jay Pete
M Unusual Pete /Jay John M
February 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Pete M John M Aaron
JPM Pete A John M Pete M
Relics Ralph/John M Woody Jay
M Unusual Aaron Jay/John M Woody/Charlie
March 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Charlie Pete M John M
JPM Pete M Otto John M
Relics Pete M John M Charlie
M Unusual Woody Jimmy Pete M
April 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John M Charlie John F
JPM Pete M John M Ralph
Relics Charlie John M Jimmie
M Unusual Charlie Pete M Jay
May 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Pete M Charlie John M
JPM John M Pete M
Relics John M Pete M Jay
M Unusual Charlie Pete M John M
June 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Pete M Mary John M
JPM Jay John M Pete M
Relics Pete M Charlie John M
M Unusual Pete M Charlie JD Smith
July 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Pete M John M Charlie B
JPM John F John M Pete M
Relics Charlie B Pete M John M John F
M Unusual Pete M Charlie B John M Jay
August 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Charlie Batten
1839 dime! Jay Longley Pete Morgan
JPM Pete Morgan Jay Longley Charlie Batten
Relics Pete Morgan Charlie Batten Jay Longley
Tie for 1st
Charlie Batten & Pete Morgan Jay Longley
September 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Tie: Pete Morgan & John Meeks Charlie Batten
JPM Pete Morgan Jay Longley Charlie Batten
Relics Jason Moore Charlie Batten Pete Morgan
Most Unusual Charlie Batten Pete Morgan John Meeks
October 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Charlie Batten Monte Conrad Pete Morgan
JPM Charlie Batten Pete Morgan John Meeks
Relics Charlie Batten John Meeks Monte Conrad
Most Unusual Pete Morgan Charlie Batten John Meek
November 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Charlie Batten Pete Morgan John Meeks
JPM Pete Morgan Charlie Batten Jay Longley
Relics Pete Morgan John Meeks Charlie Batten
Most Unusual John Meeks Pete Morgan Charlie Batten
Points Year To Date:
Pete M: 86 Points
John M: 64 Points
Charlie: 63 Points
Jay: 29 Points
Woody: 6 Points
John F: 5 Points
Aaron: 4 Points
Ralph: 4 Points
Pete A: 3 Points
Jason M. 3 Points
Monte C. 3 Points
Mike: 2 Points
Jimmy: 2 Points
Otto: 2 Points
Mary: 2 Points
JD: 1 Point
• Our next regular meeting is Tuesday,December 3rd at 6:30 p.m. at the Early Chamber of Commerce building, 104 E. Industrial Blvd, Early, Texas.
• If you haven’t already paid your club dues, please be sure to bring payment to the next meeting.
• Bring a friend to the next metal detector meeting…Remember…. Prizes everywhere!!!
• Be thinking about a program YOU could bring for the club, and about volunteering to do it!
• MOST IMPORTANT…. stop by for some food and fellowship!!!
Central Texas Treasure Club
Meets at: 104 E. Industrial Blvd, Early, Texas
Mail to: 2207 Ave. B, c/o Jay Longley, Brownwood, Texas 76801