|Posted by [email protected] on February 25, 2019 at 11:05 PM|
Central Texas Treasure Club Newsletter
February 2019 Meeting
Website links: http://centraltexastreasureclub.webs.com
Email: [email protected]
Minutes from the February 5th meeting:
• Jay called the meeting to order. 30 members attended the meeting with two visitors. Awesome attendance…welcome everyone!!
• The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Jason.
• Travis gave the VP report sharing that he has been having some health challenges so if he slows down a bit, please be patient. A volunteer was solicited to bring refreshments to the March meeting and Max volunteered. Thank you!
• Jay gave the Treasury report. A withdrawal of $50 was made to pay for monthly door prizes and $1000 is held back for the purchase of the gold coin for the October hunt fund raiser.
• Max gave the Secretary report. He thanks Jason for covering his duties in January and reminded the group that we still have club t-shirts available at $10. Next time they are ordered the price will be raised to $15 per the vote at the January meeting.
• Huntmaster Mike introduced a discussion on the purchase of the big hunt prizes. A motion was made to purchase coins at an approximate value of $900. Bryce made a motion and Jerome seconded. All were in favor. Tickets will be put on sale soon.
• Membership dues were paid by several for several people. If your membership dues are owed, please renew your memberships by mailing them to: Jay Longley, CTTC, 2207 Ave. B, Brownwood, Texas 76801 or paying at our next meeting to keep receiving club emails and to be able to participate in club activities. Please contact Jay if you have questions or concerns.
• The membership recruitment challenge had a tie between Charlie and Pete in February. Contest will be extended until the next meeting in March. The member who recruits the highest number of new members will get an uncirculated 1964D Half Dollar. New member applications can be picked up with Travis. The competition will go on until there is a clear winner.
• Club cards were passed around for anyone needing more cards to pass out to potential members.
• Treasure cache clue. The Prince Albert can was damaged, so it has been replaced with a Sucrets can. The new clue is: If you enter Fabis Park and stand at campsite #4, look toward the entrance to the park and the treasure is buried between the sign and the Pecan tree at the 2 o’clock position. Good luck and happy hunting!!
• New rosters will be emailed with the newsletter this month and will be available at the March meeting.
• Jay solicited the members for anyone interested in assuming the Treasurer position. Amanda Bramblett volunteered and with no other candidates, she was unanimously accepted into the position. She will sign new signature cards at the bank as soon as administratively possible.
• The will be 2nd Annual club picnic scheduled for some time in May. Jan has graciously “volunteered” to coordinate. More details to follow.
• Jay introduced the latest club activity - The Nickle Challenge. Points will be awarded for each Nickle members find. The rarer the type of Nickle, the more points they are worth in the competition. The challenge will be to get more points than Jay can get over the month. There will be a 1st and 2nd place awarded. In the event of a tie, we will draw for first place. Details were emailed to each member earlier this month.
Topics to be discussed at future meetings:
• What’s on your mind? Raise your hand and say “I want to discuss… This is our club and everyone has a voice.
• Is anyone interested in a specific topic for a future meeting? You determine the topic. Just let Jay know.
THANK YOU to Rosanne for bringing the February snack. If you would like to volunteer to bring refreshments to any meeting, please let Travis or Max know.
Responsible hunting will keep the hobby alive for everyone else! Please follow the Treasure Hunter's Code of Ethics so that all of us can continue to enjoy this enjoyable hobby and perhaps, even get lucky and find our fortunes!
1. I will respect private property and will do no treasure hunting without the property owner's permission.
2. I will fill in all holes I dig.
3. I will not damage natural resources, wildlife habitats, or any private property.
4. I will use thoughtfulness, consideration, and courtesy at all times.
5. I will build fires in designated or safe places only.
6. I will leave gates as found.
7. I will remove and properly dispose of any trash that I find.
8. I will not litter.
9. I will not destroy property, buildings, or what is left of ghost towns and deserted structures.
10. I will not tamper with signs, structural facilities, or equipment.
11. And, finally, the most important one of all -- I will have fun!!
If we all follow these simple rules while metal detecting or treasure hunting, we will go a long way to keeping the public on our side in the fight to protect our rights.
February marble Drawing – Woody won $66.50 and donated $20 back to the club…Thank you Woody!!
Door Prizes: 1st: 1960 Franklin Half Dollar – Max
2nd: 1935 Buffalo Nickle - Charlie
Current “Finds of the Month” Standing:
January 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John M Jay Mike
JPM Jay John M Mike / Pete
Relics John M Jay Pete
M Unusual Pete /Jay John M
February 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Pete M John M Aaron
JPM Pete A John M Pete M
Relics Ralph/John M Woody Jay
M Unusual Aaron Jay/John M Woody/Charlie
Points Year To Date:
John M: 19 Points
Jay: 13 Points
Pete M: 9 Points
Aaron: 4 Points
Pete A: 3 Points
Woody: 3 Points
Ralph: 3 Points
Mike: 2 Points
Charlie: 1 Point
Our next regular meeting is Tuesday, March February 5, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. at the Early Chamber of Commerce building, 104 E. Industrial Blvd, Early, Texas.
If you haven’t already paid your club dues, please be sure to bring payment to the next meeting.
Bring a friend to the next metal detector meeting…Remember….Prizes everywhere!!!
Be thinking about a program YOU could bring for the club, and about volunteering to do it!
MOST IMPORTANT….stop by for some food and fellowship!!!
Central Texas Treasure Club
Meets at: 104 E. Industrial Blvd, Early, Texas
Mail to: 2207 Ave. B, c/o Jay Longley, Brownwood, Texas 76801