|Posted by [email protected] on January 23, 2019 at 6:10 PM|
Central Texas Treasure Club
January 2019 Meeting
Website links: http://centraltexastreasureclub.webs.com
Email: [email protected]
Minutes from the January 1st meeting:
• Jay called the meeting to order. 13 members attended the meeting. Welcome everyone!!
• The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mike.
• Travis was not available to give the VP report, however; a volunteer was solicited to bring refreshments to the February meeting and Roseanne S. graciously volunteered. Thank you!
• The club Christmas Party was held on Thursday, December 20th at Section Hand. A fun time was had by all who were in attendance!!
• 2018 Find of the Month Winners were announced with Jay coming in first, John Meeks capturing second, and Ralph finishing in third. Congratulations gentlemen!!
• Jay gave the Treasury report.
• Jay is still filling in until another volunteer for the Treasurer position is identified. If you are interested in volunteering, please see Jay. Elections for the position will be held at the February meeting. Please consider volunteering.
• Membership dues were paid by several for several people. If your membership dues are owed, please renew your memberships by mailing them to: Jay Longley, CTTC, 2207 Ave. B, Brownwood, Texas 76801 or paying at our next meeting to keep receiving club emails and to be able to participate in club activities. Please contact Jay if you have questions or concerns.
• Poptop Challenge was won by Jon Meeks. He cleaned up 345 tops to win the prize of a 1928 Quarter.
• The membership recruitment challenge had no winner in January. Contest will be extended until February. The member who recruits the highest number of new members will get an uncirculated 1964D Half Dollar. New member applications can be picked up with Travis. The competition will go on until there is a clear winner.
• There will be no program after tonight’s meeting.
• David Autrey found the Treasure cache. Clues as to the new location will be given at the February meeting.
• A motion was raised by Bryant Martin to increase the cost for a club shirt from $10 to $15. The motion was seconded by Mike and accepted by a majority raise of hands.
• February’s meeting will include a discussion and possible vote on prizes for the next seeded hunt and purchased raffle prizes.
Topics to be discussed at future meetings:
• What’s on your mind? Raise your hand and say “I want to discuss… This is our club and everyone has a voice.
• Is anyone interested in a specific topic for a future meeting? You determine the topic. Just let Jay know.
THANK YOU to Jason B and Jay L for bringing the January snack. If you would like to volunteer to bring refreshments to any meeting, please let Travis or Max know.
Responsible hunting will keep the hobby alive for everyone else! Please follow the Treasure Hunter's Code of Ethics so that all of us can continue to enjoy this enjoyable hobby and perhaps, even get lucky and find our fortunes!
1. I will respect private property and will do no treasure hunting without the property owner's permission.
2. I will fill in all holes I dig.
3. I will not damage natural resources, wildlife habitats, or any private property.
4. I will use thoughtfulness, consideration, and courtesy at all times.
5. I will build fires in designated or safe places only.
6. I will leave gates as found.
7. I will remove and properly dispose of any trash that I find.
8. I will not litter.
9. I will not destroy property, buildings, or what is left of ghost towns and deserted structures.
10. I will not tamper with signs, structural facilities, or equipment.
11. And, finally, the most important one of all -- I will have fun!!
If we all follow these simple rules while metal detecting or treasure hunting, we will go a long way to keeping the public on our side in the fight to protect our rights.
January marble Drawing – No winner
Current “Finds of the Month” Standing:
January 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John M Jay Mike
JPM Jay John M Mike / Pete
Relics John M Jay Pete
M Unusual Pete /Jay John
Points Year To Date:
Jay: 10 Points
John M: 10 Points
Pete: 5 Points
Mike: 2 Points
Our next regular meeting is Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. at the Early Chamber of Commerce building, 104 E. Industrial Blvd, Early, Texas.
If you haven’t already paid your club dues, please be sure to bring payment to the next meeting.
Bring a friend to the next metal detector meeting…Remember….Prizes everywhere!!!
Be thinking about a program YOU could bring for the club, and about volunteering to do it!
MOST IMPORTANT….stop by for some food and fellowship!!!
Central Texas Treasure Club
Meets at: 104 E. Industrial Blvd, Early, Texas
Mail to: 2207 Ave. B, c/o Jay Longley, Brownwood, Texas 76801