|Posted by [email protected] on December 11, 2018 at 7:15 PM|
Central Texas Treasure Club
December 2018 Meeting
Website links: http://centraltexastreasureclub.webs.com
Email: [email protected]
Minutes from the December 4th meeting:
• Jay called the meeting to order. 20 members and one visitor attended the meeting. Welcome everyone!!
• The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Otto.
• Travis gave the VP report and solicited a volunteer for refreshments at the next meeting. Charlie volunteered. In addition, Travis will be not available to attend the Christmas Party and asked for a volunteer to be a point of contact at the Section Hand for the club. Jan volunteered. Thank you!
• The club Christmas Party will be held on Thursday, December 20th at Section Hand at 7:30PM. There is no charge for the meeting room. There will be a Swap gift exchange. If you are interested in participating, please bring a $10 wrapped gift.
• A reminder was given about the club offered search service. If anyone is interested in volunteering please let Jay know.
• Jay gave the Treasurer report.
• Jay is still filling in until another volunteer for the Treasurer position is identified. If you are interested in volunteering, please see Jay. Elections for the position will be held at the January meeting. Please consider volunteering.
• T-shirts are available in army green. Please bring your money to the next meeting if you are interested in purchasing one. They are $10 each.
• The cache treasure was not located. The second clue is that it is at Riverside Park and if you throw a frisbee between holes 6 and 7, you will pass over it. Be sure to remember that the new container is a Prince Albert tin so hunt in all metal mode.
• Mike gave the hunt master’s report. If anyone has knowledge of any good hunt site such as old homesteads or farms, please let Mike know so we can seek permission to hunt as an activity.
• Card packets were passed around.
• Membership dues for several people are due so please renew your memberships by mailing them to: Jay Longley, CTTC, 2207 Ave. B, Brownwood, Texas 76801 or paying at our next meeting to keep receiving club emails and to be able to participate in club activities. Please contact Jay if you have questions or concerns.
• Old school tech versus new school tech hunt was conducted on 11/24 with 4 people using new technology and 3 using old technology. It was a draw between the two groups with each finding some items. This is going to be made an annual event. Jay posted information on the club Facebook page as many people expressed an interest in the event and results.
• Jay solicited for program volunteers for the January meeting. There were no volunteers for December’s meeting, so Jay will be doing a short program. If you are interested in volunteering for future meetings, please let him know.
• There will be a Membership recruitment drive starting now until the end of January. The member who recruits the highest number of new members will get an uncirculated 1964D Half Dollar. New member applications can be picked up with Travis. The competition will go on until there is a clear winner.
• Pop-Top Challenge – The member who brings in the highest number of pop-tops to the January 1st meeting will receive a Standing Liberty Quarter. Please be aware that Pop-tops and pull tabs are different and for the purpose of this challenge, pull tabs will not count. Pop-tops that are turned in will be donated to Ronald McDonald House through Mike.
Topics to be discussed at January 1st Meeting:
• What’s on your mind? Raise your hand and say “I want to discuss… This is our club and everyone has a voice.
• Is anyone interested in a specific topic for a future meeting? You determine the topic. Just let Jay know.
THANK YOU to Travis’s wife for making the wonderful holiday cookies for December snack. If you would like to volunteer to bring refreshments to any meeting, please let Travis or Max know.
Responsible hunting will keep the hobby alive for everyone else! Please follow the Treasure Hunter's Code of Ethics so that all of us can continue to enjoy this enjoyable hobby and perhaps, even get lucky and find our fortunes!
1. I will respect private property and will do no treasure hunting without the property owner's permission.
2. I will fill in all holes I dig.
3. I will not damage natural resources, wildlife habitats, or any private property.
4. I will use thoughtfulness, consideration, and courtesy at all times.
5. I will build fires in designated or safe places only.
6. I will leave gates as found.
7. I will remove and properly dispose of any trash that I find.
8. I will not litter.
9. I will not destroy property, buildings, or what is left of ghost towns and deserted structures.
10. I will not tamper with signs, structural facilities, or equipment.
11. And, finally, the most important one of all -- I will have fun!!
If we all follow these simple rules while metal detecting or treasure hunting, we will go a long way to keeping the public on our side in the fight to protect our rights.
December Door Prize Winners:
Roseanne – Half dollar
Charlie – Garrett Pouch
James – Whites Keyring
Brian – Garrett wipes
DECEMBER marble Drawing – No winner
Current “Finds of the Month” Standing:
February 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins No entry No entry No entry
JPM Jay Ralph No entry
Relics Ralph Jay Travis
M Unusual Jay Ralph Jerry
March 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Jerry John Jay
JPM Jay Ralph Max
Relics Ralph Jerry/Jay
M Unusual Ralph John Jay
April 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Jay John Don
JPM Madison John Don
Relics Jerry Jim John
M Unusual Jerry Ralph Don
May 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John Otto Travis
JPM John Don Ralph
Relics Jay John Ralph
M Unusual John Jay Max
June 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Jay Aaron John M.
JPM John M.
Relics Jay John M. Ralph/Aaron
M Unusual John M. Travis Jim S.
July 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John Jay Otto
JPM John Jay
Relics John Jay Otto/Ralph
M Unusual Ralph Jay/Aaron John
August 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Jay Jerome John
JPM John Jay
Relics Jay John
M Unusual Jay Ralph John
September 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Jay Mike John F
JPM John F Mike John M
Relics John M Jay Jerome
M Unusual Jay Aaron John M
October 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John F. Jay John M.
JPM Jay John M.
Relics John M. Mike Justin
M Unusual Aaron John F. Jay
November 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John F John M Jay
JPM John M Jay John F
Relics Pete Aaron John M
M Unusual Jay John F John M
December 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Charlie B John M John F
JPM Ralph/Jay John M John F
Relics Jay Ralph John M
M Unusual Charlie B John M John F
Points Year To Date:
Jay: 72 Points
John M: 67 Points
Ralph: 31 Points
Jerry: 12 Points
Aaron: 12 Points
John F: 18 Points
Charlie B: 6 Points
Otto: 4 Points
Don: 3 Points
Madison: 3 Points
Travis: 3 Points
Jerome: 3 Points
Mike: 4 Points
Pete: 3 Points
Max: 2 Points
Jim S. 1 Point
Justin 1 Point
Our next regular meeting is Tuesday, January 1st, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. at the Early Chamber of Commerce building, 104 E. Industrial Blvd, Early, Texas.
If you haven’t already paid your club dues, please be sure to bring payment to the next meeting.
Bring a friend to the next metal detector meeting…Remember….Prizes everywhere!!!
Be thinking about a program YOU could bring for the club, and about volunteering to do it!
MOST IMPORTANT….stop by for some food and fellowship!!!
Central Texas Treasure Club
Meets at: 104 E. Industrial Blvd, Early, Texas
Mail to: 2207 Ave. B, c/o Jay Longley, Brownwood, Texas 76801