|Posted by [email protected] on November 27, 2018 at 10:50 PM|
Central Texas Treasure Club
November 2018 Meeting
Website links: http://centraltexastreasureclub.webs.com
Email: [email protected]
Minutes from the November 6th meeting:
• Jay called the meeting to order. 15 members attended the meeting. Two new members were in attendance. Welcome!!
• The Pledge of Allegiance was led by Max.
• Travis gave the VP report and solicited a volunteer for refreshments at the next meeting. Travis volunteered. There will be a December meeting in addition to the Christmas party. It will be held Dec 4th at the usual meeting place.
• Travis also offered that he had recently purchased a microscope and described how he was enjoying a closer examination of older bullets and treasures.
• The club Christmas Party will be held on Thursday, December 20th at Section Hand at 7:30PM. There is no charge for the meeting room. There will be a Swap gift exchange. If you are interested in participating, please bring a $10 wrapped gift.
• Jay gave the Treasury report. Jay is filling in since Jan’s departure until another Treasurer is elected. If you are interested in volunteering, please see Jay.
• T-shirts from Willie’s T’s were ordered. Please bring your money to the next meeting if you are interested in purchasing one. They are $10 each.
• The cache treasure was found by Woody. The treasure was re-hidden. Clues are that it is at Riverside Park in the vicinity of 5,6,7,8 holes for Frisbee Golf. Be sure to remember that the new container is a Prince Albert tin so hunt in all metal mode.
• The recent hunt was discussed. There were 51 participants in the hunt. We decision was made that we spend $1000 on a gold coin for next year’s hunt.
• The CTTC sign needs to be re-done. The option to get a stencil or vinyl sign were discussed. Jay will be look at options and get prices to present and discuss at the next meeting.
• Card packets were passed around. We ordered 1000 new club business cards from Willie’s T’s.
• A few people are overdue on membership dues so please renew your memberships by mailing them to: Jay Longley, CTTC, 2207 Ave. B, Brownwood, Texas 76801 or paying at our next meeting to keep receiving club emails and to be able to participate in club activities. Please contact Jay if you have questions or concerns.
• Jay solicited for program volunteers. If you are interested, please let him know.
• The club activity was old tech versus new tech held at Coursey Park in Brownwood at 1PM on 11/24. Feedback on the event will be presented at our December meeting.
Topics to be discussed at December 4th Meeting:
• What’s on your mind? Raise your hand and say “I want to discuss… This is our club and everyone has a voice.
• Is anyone interested in a specific topic for a future meeting? You determine the topic. Just let Jay know.
THANK YOU to James for bringing snacks to the meeting in November. If you would like to volunteer to bring refreshments to any meeting, please let Travis or Max know.
Responsible hunting will keep the hobby alive for everyone else! Please follow the Treasure Hunter's Code of Ethics so that all of us can continue to enjoy this enjoyable hobby and perhaps, even get lucky and find our fortunes!
1. I will respect private property and will do no treasure hunting without the property owner's permission.
2. I will fill in all holes I dig.
3. I will not damage natural resources, wildlife habitats, or any private property.
4. I will use thoughtfulness, consideration, and courtesy at all times.
5. I will build fires in designated or safe places only.
6. I will leave gates as found.
7. I will remove and properly dispose of any trash that I find.
8. I will not litter.
9. I will not destroy property, buildings, or what is left of ghost towns and deserted structures.
10. I will not tamper with signs, structural facilities, or equipment.
11. And, finally, the most important one of all -- I will have fun!!
If we all follow these simple rules while metal detecting or treasure hunting, we will go a long way to keeping the public on our side in the fight to protect our rights.
November Door Prize Winners:
John M. –1962D Half dollar
Brian – Garrett Apron
Pete – Garrett Chip Clip
Pete – Garrett Pouch
November marble Drawing – No winner
Current “Finds of the Month” Standing:
February 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins No entry No entry No entry
JPM Jay Ralph No entry
Relics Ralph Jay Travis
M Unusual Jay Ralph Jerry
March 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Jerry John Jay
JPM Jay Ralph Max
Relics Ralph Jerry/Jay
M Unusual Ralph John Jay
April 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Jay John Don
JPM Madison John Don
Relics Jerry Jim John
M Unusual Jerry Ralph Don
May 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John Otto Travis
JPM John Don Ralph
Relics Jay John Ralph
M Unusual John Jay Max
June 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Jay Aaron John M.
JPM John M.
Relics Jay John M. Ralph/Aaron
M Unusual John M. Travis Jim S.
July 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John Jay Otto
JPM John Jay
Relics John Jay Otto/Ralph
M Unusual Ralph Jay/Aaron John
August 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Jay Jerome John
JPM John Jay
Relics Jay John
M Unusual Jay Ralph John
September 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins Jay Mike John F
JPM John F Mike John M
Relics John M Jay Jerome
M Unusual Jay Aaron John M
October 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John F. Jay John M.
JPM Jay John M.
Relics John M. Mike Justin
M Unusual Aaron John F. Jay
November 1st 2nd 3rd
Coins John F John M Jay
JPM John M Jay John F
Relics Pete Aaron John M
M Unusual Jay John F John M
Points Year To Date:
Jay: 66 Points
John M: 60 Points
Ralph: 26 Points
Jerry: 12 Points
Aaron: 12 Points
John F: 15 Points
Otto: 4 Points
Don: 3 Points
Madison: 3 Points
Travis: 3 Points
Jerome: 3 Points
Mike: 4 Points
Pete: 3 Points
Max: 2 Points
Jim S. 1 Point
Justin 1 Point
Our next regular meeting is Tuesday, December 4th at 6:30 p.m. at the Early Chamber of Commerce building, 104 E. Industrial Blvd, Early, Texas.
If you haven’t already paid your club dues, please be sure to bring payment to the next meeting.
Bring a friend to the next metal detector meeting…Remember….Prizes everywhere!!!
Be thinking about a program YOU could bring for the club, and about volunteering to do it!
MOST IMPORTANT….stop by for some food and fellowship!!!
Central Texas Treasure Club
Meets at: 104 E. Industrial Blvd, Early, Texas
Mail to: 2207 Ave. B, c/o Jay Longley, Brownwood, Texas 76801